Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing #9

I enjoyed Cool Cat Teacher's introduction to the importance of blogging. I especially enjoyed the part when she said, "If you were able to read the writings of Abraham Lincoln, or CS Lewis, or Gandhi, or Dale Carnegie on a daily basis, would you have done it? They are among you now. Find them and become transformed." It is a very positive perspective on this new (to me) trend.

It is nice to know that there are tools to assist in weeding through the myriad of blogs. I think that Google BlogSearch was easiest to use because I am so familiar with the Google format. I also liked School Library Blogs on Supr Glu. It helped me to focus on sites that would be most useful.

I can see how blogging in general can be a bit overwhelming to the beginner. There is so much out there. I recently joined Facebook (at the request of family members) to keep up with relatives. In some ways, it is very simple. However, sometimes I ask myself if I really need to know trivia quiz results from each person. I wonder if blogging can be a bit overwhelming, as well. I guess it is important to find and follow the blogs of writers who can keep the distractions to a minimum. I think the Edublog Award nominees may be a good place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment