Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #12

I think commenting on blogs is tough for me--I'm a natural lurker. Cool Cat mentions that it is important to comment, as long as it the comments are worthwhile. Often my thoughts on blog topics are simple responses or opinions--not necessarily "worthwhile" contributions. I think if everyone contributed responses, blogs would look more like Facebook accounts. For that reason, I keep comments to a minimum.

ProBlogger mentions that responding to comments and asking questions will help increase traffic to your blog. I think it is interesting to respond to comments because it creates conversation. I can see that keeping up with all of these threads would be time-consuming. There was some good advice on managing threads listed in these articles.

I posted comments to some Library2Play participants and checked out blogs from some authors. I enjoy reading author blogs, particularly when we have a scheduled author visit or if we are doing a book club.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that a blog does not need to become facebook. I enjoying reading blogs to see others thoughts and experience with 23 Things.

    ReplyDelete