Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing #8

It was very interesting to read about RSS and Readers. I had no idea that these existed. I always wondered how people keep up with all this information--now I know!

I do not spend a lot of time reading blogs and news feeds. Most of this is blocked at work, and I'm usually too tired when I get home! However, I can see how Readers can minimize this task. I set my Google Reader up with library sites and news sites. Maybe I'll actually get to keep up with them!

I will have to see how blogs and Readers are blocked at my school so that I can assess how useful it will be for me there. We have such tight filters that I find that many sites are restricted. If they are accessible, I can keep up with professional blogs. Many of our visiting authors have blogs. It would be interesting set up a Reader to keep up with those blogs with our students.

I think the Readers will be especially helpful for faculty--we have so much going on in our lives--anything to simplify is always appreciated! They are very easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment