Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #2

I just finished viewing "7-1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Learners" posted by the Charlotte and Mecklenburg County Public Libraries. I really liked step #1, begin with the end in mind. As a library media speicalist, we teach kids to do this any time they are trying to learn something new. It makes sense that we should continue to do this outside of the formal research process. We need to set goals for ourselves (then remember to monitor progress toward these goals). I think the most difficult step is step #3--view problems as challenges. Sometimes I get so caught up with the crisis that I have to remind myself that it is a learning opportunity. Funny thing is that once I remind myself of the opportunity to grow, the stress of the crisis diffuses. Now if only I could eliminate the initial panic...

1 comment: