Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #13

I think that this social bookmarking activity may be the best discovery of this summer! I have heard about del.ici.ous before, but have not had the time to explore it. I feel like this site will make my life a whole lot easier--particularly if it is not blocked by our district! I use the "favorites" buttons lots of times, but my "favorites" list is becoming a bit clogged. Also, my "favorites" list is limited to the computer I am using (and when school computers are reimaged over the summer, all is lost if it has not been saved separately). Now I can bookmark my sites and find them from any computer--the possibilities! I have already started bookmarking my favorites from memory. Now I can go through some old e-mails that I have been afraid to delete because they have precious links! I think that my favorite part about the system is the ability to "catalog" my sites. The librarian in me loves that!

I also love the idea that I can share my del.ici.ous sites with others. Now I can make lists of useful websites for research for both students and teachers--providing (of course) that my district has not blocked this site, as well. I'm not even going to allow my mind to go there. I'm too busy imagining all of the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment