Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #23!!

Wow! I made it through all 23 Things--I wasn't sure I was going to have the time.

My absolute favorite discoveries were Del.ici.ous and Rollyo. I contacted our Tech department and found out that we will have Diigo at our school. She said that she had not heard any mention of Rollyo, but would check on it. She also gave me the information to set up an educator account with Diigo.

I would love to set up some sort of wiki for book lists. It would be great if we could share this list among librarians in our district--each adding to the lists.

I think my biggest surprise is that I got used to this blogging. I have not completely ruled out setting up a blog for students to read in which I review books I'm reading and talk about library activities. I will really have to think about that one because the kids are so young.

I am glad that I participated in this program because it helps me to keep up-to-date on technology which seems to be changing every day. Even if I don't use certain products, I think it is important to keep informed.

If I were to take this class over again I would try to get started earlier and complete the activities at a more leisurely pace. I would definitely consider participating again.

If I were to describe this course in just a few words I would say "informative" and "comprehensive." Thanks for the opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have some good plans in mind as a result of your visit to the playground. You can set up a blog for your student and limit who has access to it if you want...you will see all of that in the settings.

    ReplyDelete