Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #22

I just explored several nings. I can see the advantage of creating a ning for a special user group. It allows people to have an opportunity to communicate freely when they have a need. I am on the TLC listserv and receive many e-mails each day. I read them if I have time and if the e-mail has some relevance to me. I delete/disregard the rest. I don't reply or respond because I don't want to overwhelm the inboxes of Texas librarians! A ning seems like a much more relaxed way to communicate and share ideas. I especially like that you can create a ning which requires all memberships to be approved--that could help with spam. However, I honestly do not know how people keep up with all of this and still manage to get all of their work done. I think you would have to choose carefully and keep only what adds to your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment