Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #16

I loved the wikis so much I couldn't wait to find out if they are blocked by our district. I contacted our ITF and she said that she was in a meeting discussing using Diigo and PB works at that very moment! Apparently our training is coming soon.

I loved the wikis and can immediately think of several uses. The first possibility is creating book lists. I spend a lot of time recommending books for teachers to use in instruction--particularly in writing. Right now I have paper files, electronic files, and books/websites that I use. I would love to organize all of this (with links) to a common wiki. District librarians can add to the list--or even teachers.

We do a "Colonial Trading Card" research project where students create a digital trading card of a historical figure. In the past, we've printed out these cards and allowed the students to trade them. It would be fun to post them to a wiki to be shared there.

Also, it would be interesting to try a wiki book club. The students could read a book and comment on a wiki space--lots of fun!

It will be nice to have this technology at school, as well as home. I'm looking forward to the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment